Thursday, August 28, 2008

Big Day


The "Big Day" is almost here. That's right, folks! In just two weeks, my owners will be getting married.

But the "Big Day" I'm referring to is, of course, the day before the wedding when they're taking me hiking to the top of Vermont's 3rd highest peak -- Camel's Hump. You better believe I'm excited! The trail going up is less than 4 miles long, but I am definitely planning on covering at least 12 miles when you count going back and forth on the trail and my little off-trail forays. I'm going to be all over that peak!

Of course, Mark and Ali are excited for "their" big day. What the heck, why not? They are, if you don't mind a puppy being sappy for a moment, a perfect match -- and great puppy owners! Seriously, they have great communication -- so good that they never mess up and feed me extra (regardless of how pathetic I make myself look). Still, they feed me twice a day, and they give me lots of treats when I'm good. And I won't hold it against them ("them" in this case, meaning of course "mostly Alison") that they put that nasty tick medicine on me once a month, because they hike me at least once a day and often more than once. Lately, they haven't even been tying me up when we go out in the yard, because, now that I know the grass isn't really greener on the other side of the road, I more or less stay close!

So to sum up, the September 11 hike up the Hump is going to be one awesome day. And, just in case I don't get to put up any more posts between now and then (puppies like to assist and get our noses in all the wedding arrangements, and that can keep us very busy!), let me just say now that it's going to be a VERY special occasion!

No comments: