Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Oscar, I just saw an ad for Grape Nuts. No grapes, no nuts... what gives? -- Solomon


You're right, Solomon. No grapes, no nuts. Solomon went on to say his mom, Rebekah, leaves him a "non-descript bowl of cat food, but in the event that she ever leaves me cereal, I want to be an informed consumer." Great attitude, Solomon -- especially for a cat. Anyway, here's the deal on Grape Nuts:

Grape Nuts cereal was developed in 1897 by C.W. Post, who used "grape sugar" (aka glucose) instead of the more common sweetener sucrose. Then, some people said the cereal had a "nutty" flavor; hence the name "Grape Nuts." As for the flavor, I disagree. In my opinion, they taste more like wood; therefore, I would eat them happily.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder what tastes better, cat food or grape nuts?
Scouty-boy

oscar said...

Definitely cat food.