Sunday, August 10, 2008

Record Distance!


Today during our weekly group run, I refused to leave my owners. Generally, in the heat of summer, when they do their long runs (usually 14 miles or more) for marathon preparation, they leave me at home. Today, they made arrangements to have Brenda take me back to the Camp at the 8.6 mile turn-around.

But I said "No way!" Nothing against Brenda, but what do they think I'm going to do, sit at the house while they get all the fun? Generally, their policy is that they don't take me running more than 13 miles, and I doubt they will again. But, inspired by the Beijing Olympics, I ran today's 16-mile training run -- farther than they've ever let me run at one time -- quite easily, thank you very much! Then I went back to the Camp and ran and played with Fanny, the neighbor dog, for another hour.

What they don't understand is that when they take me hiking, I easily travel distances up to ten times their hiking distances. Running around is what I do!

No comments: