Friday, May 11, 2012

Dear Oscar, Do you think I should work at Stowe next winter? I live in New Hampshire, where, not to brag or anything, but our mountains are much higher. At Stowe, though, the people are way cooler and they give you free lunch. I bet you can relate to the value of a free lunch. What do you recommend? -- Kae from Jackson


Dear Kae,



Well, you seem to have answered your own question. Let me refer you back to your own words: "Free Lunch." Hello... where's the confusion?

I should mention that I, most unfortunately, don't get much in the way of lunch; my humans feed me breakfast and dinner -- 2 cups of Cal Nat twice daily. I'm all about loyalty, but if I could find a situation where they threw in free lunch, well... I'd have some serious thinking to do!

Back to your question, though. You mention the mountains (I've done quite a bit of hiking in NH too and don't think you're bragging too much) and the people (I know some Stowe people, and I agree; they're cool). But I think you're missing what's really important here. Like, what about the dogs? In Vermont, you have me and Gladys (my impressionable little sister). You have my neighbors Lyle and Raven. Do you really have THAT in New Hampster?

I didn't think so.

Hope this helps! Your friend, Oscar

No comments: