Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dear Oscar, How did your annual check-up go? -- Vet in Victoriaville

Dear Vet,

Yes, I went to the dog doc this week. Also with me at the same visit was Waffle the cat. Let me say this: we go to Richmond Animal Hospital, and that place is top-rate! Everyone pets me, and they have treats there. Did you hear me? Treats!

Waffle, on the other hand, doesn't share my enthusiasm about the vet. Mark had to crawl into the attic area to corral him. Then he meowed all the way while we were in the car. Once there, he slunk around in the corner, like a party-pooper. Not me, though. I was in the middle of everything!

Things didn't get any better for Waffle during his examination. Dr. Dan observed that Waffle gained a significant amount of weight -- the equivalent of a human gaining 20 pounds in a year. Bummer for Waffle, Dr. Dan recommended a diet -- ouch! Well, maybe if that cat got off his rear end and chased some mice every now and then. Or at least feigned enthusiasm while at the vet... maybe then you'd get some love, Waffle!

Case in point: Dr. Dan mentioned that I had gained 5 pounds since my last visit. He emphasized that this is not cause for concern! He said any weight I gained seems to have been in the form of muscle, and that I am a picture of perfect health and fitness!

So keep the treats coming! Whoops... but none for you Waffle. Sorry!

Talk soon, Oscar

No comments: