Monday, August 2, 2010

Oscar, When you go swimming, why do you shake yourself dry when you're still in the water? -- Swim Coach

Dear Coach,

When I get to go swimming, it is a special occasion. Not because I don't go swimming much; on the contrary, my humans have brought me to a lake or river every day this summer. Rather, it's because I get excited every time I get to swim, even though I get to swim daily! It's just the best, you know?

So anyway, there I am in the water. And, as everyone with head-to-toe fur knows, half the fun of swimming is the shake-the-water-off-your-fur as soon as you get out! Only in my case, I'm so excited about the swim and about the shake, that sometimes I forget to get out of the water before I shake!

See? Swimming is an exciting activity!

Hope that answers your question. Your friend, Oscar

No comments: