Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dear Oscar, I have been reading about the health and cleansing benefits of juice fasting...

...I am more intrigued, however, by your more unorthodox approach of eating unscented goat's milk soap instead. Is this a method you regularly engage in before a big marathon? Would you recommend it to others? And is it FDA-approved? Regards, Solomon Katz

Dear Solomon, This blog post will no doubt be the only time you see the words "Oscar" and "fast" together in this context. A much more likely context would be: "Wow, Oscar sure did eat his dinner fast!"

Let the record show that I see NO benefits of any kind that might come from fasting. And believe me, I've tried; I fast every day between my morning meal and my evening meal, and let me tell you, it stinks. This is not, of course, to say that I'm against sucking down someone's juice if they leave it around. But to purposely not consume hard food? That's crazy talk.

In regard to the soap I ate before the marathon, it was the same color as bacon fat, so I thought I better eat the whole bar, just in case. According to the Poison Center (which my humans contacted when they saw the torn up wrapper), there was nothing in the soap that could kill me. It may have been cleansing (like your juice fast), but I still don't recommend it for others. Talk soon, Oscar

No comments: