Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Reform School

I get to go to school! It has been a very exciting spring. First off, all the snow from winter lasted well into April. Then we got a new puppy. And the puppy, of course, has to go to obedience training. At first I was jealous, but then I heard the news: I get to go too!

With so many developments, I have been understandably excitable. I've been jumping on house guests, running off, and begging. Don't judge; I'm excited, okay? Anyway, lately, I haven't had many chances to run off; we either run on the leash these days, go to the dog park, or stay in the fenced yard. And the one or two times I have been outside the fence, I have bolted. Lots of good compost in the neighbors' gardens this time of year. And, let me tell you, there's no time like when people come over to show how amped up I am. Like when that lady from Gladys' adoption agency came over for a home visit before we were cleared to adopt? Boy, did I jump all over her!

Although, I do have a question. My humans trained me themselves, so why have they decided to bring Gladys to school? It's not like she's chewed anything or been a handful. She is cool about her crate, and she's nearly housebroken. What gives?

Wait a minute! I see what's going on here... Gladys is just an excuse! They're not going to get her trained; they're going for me! This isn't any old school; this is reform school! Hey, wasn't I good today when Mark and I went running? At mile 5.5 in the field, he let me off the leash, and didn't I heel until he said "okay"? And then when I took off, didn't I come right when he called? Yes and yes! So what's with reform school?

Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I'll give it a try. But listen here: if I don't like it, I'm outta there.

No comments: