Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dear Oscar, Why have you been listening to soul music lately? -- Motown Marvel

Dear Motown, That's just "Midnight Train to Georgia" by Gladys Knight and the Pips! The reason I've been listening to it is to honor the new addition to the team here in Richmond: Gladys the puppy! Gladys comes from a litter of six that were taken in as strays when they were 3 weeks old in Tennessee. Also in the litter were Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, and Percy Sledge (Percy was actually adopted by another Richmond family!).

Anyway, Gladys arrived yesterday, and it really brings back my puppy days. I may be big, but I'm still a pup at heart. In addition to playing, wrassling, running, and licking, I've been humming all the Gladys songs I know -- that is, the only one I know... "Midnight Train." Long live soul music!

Oscar

No comments: