Friday, May 1, 2009

Dear Oscar, Why do you refer to the people you live with as 'owners'? It seems more like you own them. -- Un-owned in Montana

FOLLOW-UP LETTER: Dear Oscar, Why haven't you answered me? I wrote you days ago. I know you had at least a day when your "owner" was just flipping out and packing the car. Now I know that you are truly unowned. -- Impatient and Un-owned

Dear Un-owned,
Those people to whom you refer like to feel like they influence or in some way control my life. The truth is they don't. However, there are advantages to allowing them to think they do, so if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't spill the beans.

As for the response time for your letter, I am surprised. You don't seem like the type who likes being rushed either. When there are smells to smell or places to run, sometimes I feel it is best to attend to these impulses. I'll get to your letter when I get to it.

Thanks for the letter(s) though. Your friend, Oscar

No comments: