Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dear Oscar, Who do you pick to win this year's Stanley Cup? A black team or a red team? Yours truly, Hockey Fan

Dear Fan, Although I have never played the game, I have certainly watched plenty of games on the couch next to my owner. I can't say I'm the biggest fan; it's not like skiing and running where my owner brings me along to play. When I see him pull out the big bag and his sticks, I usually hang my head because I know I'll be staying home. As for my favorite team, my favorite color is yellow. Which would, then, make my favorite team the Swedish national team -- but they don't play for the particular trophy you're asking about. I know there are plenty of red teams still in the running (Washington, Detroit, Chicago to name three), but I would be more inclined to pick a black team. One of those teams -- the Bruins -- actually came to our neighborhood last fall for some practice, some golf, and a little hiking. They were really good guys... I pick them. The newest NHL analyst, Oscar

No comments: