Tuesday, September 21, 2010

State of Readiness

I am always ready. For example, this morning I was sound asleep. Then my humans got up and the next thing you know, we were running 6 miles! And who was right there, leading the way? That's right, me. And on another day, I'll be sleeping and next thing you know they'll rouse me and shortly thereafter, we'll be hiking a mountain someplace. And is there any hesitation on my part? Any "Oh, not today, I'm too tired?" I think not!

Yesterday I was napping on my couch (notice the possessive "my" and not the article "the"? That's because, yes, the furniture here belongs to me.) Also, do you notice the common thread of me napping or sleeping leading up to all my adventures? That's because I always want to be well-rested; I'll never turn down the opportunity for a good nap (or run or snack or meal or belly-rub). Anyway, I was napping on the couch, when my human stood. You better believe I snapped to! Next thing you know, he was on his bike and I was running alongside... all the way down to the river! What a time!

Moral of the story: always be ready. Even if you don't feel like doing something, do it anyway. Take it from a yellow dog: you'll be glad you did.

No comments: