Thursday, September 2, 2010

Litter Bugs

I do a lot of running on beautiful, dirt roads in my town. And I'm not going to lie; when I see a pile of trash on the side of the road, I am the first to check it out. This morning, for example, I was able to root through a Subway bag that someone tossed out their car window (got the last couple bites of a moldy turkey sandwich), lick the remains of a McDonald's take-out dinner, and eat two pizza crusts. Not bad for a morning run!

Still, I must say, there's something not right -- even to me -- with this picture. I have to wonder who is trashing their own planet like this? Don't get me wrong, I love the treats. But do these people not have trash cans? Are they just lazy? Who throws litter out their car windows in 2010? Apparently lots of people.

For my part, I just sort of scratch my head. My human, on the other hand, is more adamant. Here's what he says about it (and this is a quote from him -- a pup like me would never use this sort of language): "Hey litter bugs! Throw your !@#$%^ trash in a #$%^& garbage can!"

My snacks this morning were pretty tasty. But I guess everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.

No comments: