Monday, July 20, 2009

Dear Oscar, I like drawing. What is your favorite summer activity? Yours truly, Pam

Dear Pam, I am a dog of many interests -- only one of which is opening up mail from readers such as yourself and writing responses on this blog. Thank you for your question, and don't be afraid to keep them coming.

We are deep into what are known as the "dog days of summer." And they are properly named; summer is all about being a dog. Here is a list of some of my favorite summer activities:

-- Sleeping
-- Running on the roads with my humans
-- Running on the trails with my humans
-- Running in the fields without my humans
-- Running in the woods without my humans
-- Swimming
-- Sitting in the sun
-- Playing with Waffle the kitty
-- Eating
-- Snacking

Yep, that about covers it. Summer sure is a nice season. Enjoy!
Your friend, Oscar

(Note: Photo by Judy Robinson)

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hey Oscar, good activities for all Yellow Labs! The ones who must stay indoors will be jealous. Glad to see your photo here and hope your road rash is all healed. (You're a young pup and must heel quickly... um, I meant heal!)

oscar said...

I have a little scab on my lip, but I'm not one to let a little tumble onto a bit of moving pavement slow me down. No, life is back to normal (although I no longer stick my head out car windows).