Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dear Oscar, Under the new collective bargaining agreement, NFL teams are no longer allowed to subject players to double sessions. From your running log, I see that you ran twice yesterday. What gives? -- Eagle Eyes

Dear Eyes,

You truly have been watching my log like an eagle, and, yes, I did run twice yesterday: once with Ali and Gladys in the morning and once with Mark in the afternoon.

While it's true that no more will professional football players be doing two-a-days, I say bring it. Although Gladys was napping on the couch when I left for Run #2, Mark -- and anyone else present -- will attest that I was ready to go. We ran the usual 6-mile loop with a 1.2-mile add-on because Mark needed salad mix from the F.U. farm in Richmond. I will admit that, although he looked like alot of fun, I didn't really feel like romping with the black lab at the F.U. (although I did a little bit to be polite).

On the way back, however, I dove right into the brook by the path, and that was rejuvenating. After that, I led the way back all the way to the house. Two-a-days, three-a-days, all-days... they're all the same to me. I just like running.

Your friend, Oscar

No comments: